If you've been asking yourself, what can Trifecta do for me? You've come to the right place. Whatever it is that brought you here, we understand that results are a big part of what's driving you to try something new - are you picturing yourself a year from now feeling and looking amazing, living your best life? We can see it too. And we'd like to help.
Unlike most diet programs that are only selling you an outcome, Trifecta wants to be there for you during your entire journey. That's why we offer free nutrition calls, educational content backed by research, a robust fitness and nutrition tracking app, and the best customer service you could ever find.
We want to be real with you when it comes to what you can expect. Sticking to a healthy diet is not easy, and while we've done the hard work for you when it comes to food prep, we know it takes more than that. If you stick with us, you will get results - we've helped thousands of customers shed pounds, build muscle and accomplish their fitness dreams. So whether you've been using Trifecta for a little bit now or thinking about getting started, here is a realistic breakdown of what your first year could look like.
Day 1 - Motivated
It's day one and you are feeling determined to master your goals and excited for how much better it's going to be this time. You're ready to take on a new way of eating. And ready for results.
Your order has been delivered and you’ve enjoyed your first few Trifecta meals. You’re thinking to yourself, man this stuff is delicious, I could live off these meals forever.
Even on day one, you may notice that you are feeling more satisfied. The high fiber, high protein meals are calming your hunger cues and keeping your energy levels in check.
But one day of eating well will not make or break your health. And it's not going to be this simple every day moving forward. Unless you live in a bubble, you are going to be exposed to lots of temptation and probably have some stressful days that make dieting seem impossible. It's no wonder reports show 25% of Americans will give up on their weight loss goals within two weeks of starting a new diet (1).
The good news is, knowing this going in can help you prepare for when things go off track. Planning for failure and working on increasing your willpower are important steps to achieving a healthy lifestyle that lasts. So instead of going in blindly and then beating yourself up when things inevitably go a different way, here are a few things you can work on:
- Plan ahead. Studies suggest tat having a pre-planned strategy could help double your chance of success (2). Think about how you will deal with temptations before they are in front of you. If you know there is a food related event coming up, make sure there are options on hand that fit your diet - check the menu in advance, pack a healthy option, or eat beforehand. Or if you are planning on indulging, still consider what you are going to have and set limits for yourself in advance.
- Embrace failure. Failure is not all bad. It's an opportunity to learn a little bit about yourself and grow stronger for next time. Imagine what you would say to a friend or co-worker who has recently failed. I bet you are thinking about kind and supportive words of encouragement you could offer. Now think about the things that you would tell yourself. Does it sound different? And if so, why? Try to treat yourself with the same kindness and support you would someone else and know that success is less about perfection as much as it is about consistency. So when you fail, dust yourself off and get back to it. Something that really helps me, is even though I’ve failed a lot, I remind myself that as long as you’re trying, there’s a chance to succeed. If you give up, there’s no chance.
- Keep busy. Cutting calories can have you constantly thinking about food. And the fear of temptation can make you want to cut yourself off from social engagements. But studies suggest keeping your mind active, especially while dieting, can strengthen your willpower (3). And stress can affect your mental capacity to hold strong (4). Try to enjoy your days as much as possible and find activities that allow you to be creative, think strategically, or release stress.
- Reward yourself. Celebrate little victories in non-food ways. Pick a milestone to strive for and treat yourself when you reach it. Whether it’s getting a massage, taking a day off work, posting a personal win on social media, buying a new outfit, etc. Find a few golden carrots you can dangle to incentivize yourself to just keep going.
- Use your support network. Surround yourself with friends and family who support your goals. We are the sum of the people we surround ourselves with, and studies show hanging out with others who make healthy decisions can influence you to make healthier decisions as well, and vice versa (5).
1 Week - Hopeful and Eager
One week down! For the first time in a very long time, you are feeling hopeful about your healthy eating plan. Not having to cook for yourself all week has been a dream come true. And you’re saving money from not eating out every night. Perhaps this diet thing is easier than you thought.
"I’m currently on the Clean eating plan. After the first few weeks, I have to say the food has a ton of flavor and is really enjoyable. The variety in flavor also helps so I’m not eating the same stuff week in week out." Sharvil Patel, New York, NY.
So where are the results? Remember, change takes time and we are all a little different when it comes to our nutrition needs. Depending on where you were when you started Trifecta, you could be feeling one of two ways right now:
If you were trying to get healthy before getting started on Trifecta, you are likely less stressed, have more energy and just feel better in general.
Getting on track with eating clean, by cutting out all the extra ingredients from your food, and getting on the highest quality, organic ingredients is one of the best ways to naturally detox your system.
You probably feel “lighter” due to less bloating and better digestion. And you are supported since Trifecta has made it super easy for you. You tell yourself, I will never cook again. I am now a well programmed, healthy eating machine.
If this has been a big change in your eating habits, perhaps you’ve lost a pound or two. But you could also be having some withdrawal symptoms from your prior diet, leaving you a little tired and cranky. Are you having headaches or getting a little hangry? These are signs your body is adjusting to a healthier way of eating. This doesn’t mean you should stop. These symptoms will go away if you keep pushing forward and learn to balance your calories and macro needs accordingly. To help, here are a few tips you can use to keep you on track and make you feel a little better in the process:
- Learn your calorie needs. Make sure you are getting the right amount of calories to meet your health and fitness goals. Whether you are looking to lose, gain or maintain weight, the amount you eat is the most important factor in your success. And not eating enough could be what's making you feel drained and out of whack.
- Track your intake. Tracking your food intake using the Trifecta app makes it even easier to make sure you are staying on track and getting the fuel your body needs. One Medical study showed that tracking your food can help you lose two times more weight than those who do not track (6).
- Drink plenty of water. Sometimes increased hunger is the first sign of dehydration. And dehydration can lead to headaches and fatigue (7). When you are increasing your protein and fiber intake, and starting a new fitness routine, you'll want to up your H2O intake. Keep a water bottle on hand and sip on water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Snack on healthy options. If you're not getting enough calories, or just feeling extra hungry from cutting out your favorite junk foods, you could benefit from adding a healthy snack or two to your day. The best healthy snacks are high in protein, providing at least 10 grams a serving, and also include a fruit or vegetable for added fiber and nutrition. High protein and fiber diets may help control hunger by making you feel fuller longer, and promote weight loss over time (8,9). Great options include: grass-fed jerky, cottage cheese and fruit, or hard-boiled eggs. Healthy fats are also a great snack option you can look for to calm late afternoon sugar crashes, like a handful of nuts or avocado toast.
1 Month - Feeling Healthy AF
You’re officially crushing your diet and feeling like a badass. Healthy eating is becoming a habit and you are really starting to feel and see the results.
"I’ve only been with Trifecta for about a month now, but they have definitely increased my nutrition in such a short amount of time. This is my first time trying anything Paleo and I’m loving it so far. The meals are different every week and since they’re all pre-cooked, I’ve had way more time to concentrate on my fitness. Trifecta takes the worry about having to prep my own meals, so it really eases my mental load and allows me to relax." Steven Stewart,Valdez, AK.
After learning to track your calorie needs, and adjust your macros to meet your goals, the weight is starting to fall off. You may have lost 4 to 5 pounds in the last month and are excited to keep going. People are starting to notice that something is different. And besides the changes in weight, here are some others things you may be picking up on:
- Your skin is glowing. Eating a nutrient dense diet means you're getting a lot of great nutrition in every day. Getting veggies with every meal is not only helping your body run like a well-oiled machine, but can also do wonders for your skin. Research suggests that eating more fruits and vegetables may make you appear younger, more attractive, and give you a natural glow (10). Hello gorgeous!
- You have less of a desire to eat unhealthy foods. You are nourishing your body with the nutrients it needs to thrive, so cravings and uncontrolled hunger may be a thing of the past. When your body is not getting enough nutrition to function properly, it will keep signaling to your brain to eat more until this need is satisfied. This is why studies point to eating a diet high in vegetables to help reduce your appetite, making it easier to cut calories and achieve your goals (11). And eating more protein and controlling carb intake may also help calm hunger and cut cravings (12,13). You start to tell yourself, my body is a precious temple that I will only nourish with healthy foods. Goodbye cravings, hello abs.
- You are almost always in a great mood. Your blood sugar is closely linked to your self control, energy levels and serotonin levels in the brain - all of which play a role in how "happy" you feel. Cutting out added sugar, simple carbs and eating a balanced diet over the past four weeks has helped cut down on blood sugar spikes and crashes, keeping your levels well regulated. And without the highs and lows that come with poor dieting, your energy levels are stable and your mood is lifted.
- You are recovering from workouts faster and feel less achy. Eating more processed foods and high sugar options may play a role in chronic inflammation that can lead to just about every disease you can think of (14,15,16,17,18,19). Acute inflammation occurs after a hard workout or injury and is the body's natural response to repair damage. Whereas chronic inflammation is more closely linked to diet and lifestyle and occurs over longer periods of time at lower pain levels. When you start to eat better, your inflammation can decrease, making your joints feel healthier and muscles less sore after a hard training.
And while you are loving the food still, you may benefit from adding in some cheat meals or getting creative with your Trifecta options to keep things interesting. Look for some easy ways to add some flavor to your meals without compromising nutrition, like adding lemon, fresh herbs, low sugar/low fat sauces and healthy toppings like avocado, salsa and kimchi.
6 Months - Ready for Anything
You are officially a clean eating machine. As you look in the mirror and think, damn I look good. I am more energetic, happy and productive than ever. I can conquer the world!
Healthy eating has become more of a lifestyle now and feels less like hard work. Trifecta has been with you throughout your journey, making sure you always have the right options on hand and cutting out unnecessary stress and temptation as much as possible.
"I’m currently 5’8.5” and when I started my weight loss journey, I was 166 lbs which was the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life. My goal was to get to 152 lbs and I’m now down to 148 lbs and I’m still losing weight! I’ve also been able to max my PR in squat deadlift and bench during this journey, so it’s been amazing because I was able to lose weight while retaining muscle which is very important for me since my job is so physically demanding". Sorcha Brown, Dickinson, TX
At this point you may have lost 10 to 20 pounds and are feeling amazing from the inside out. And you may have played with a few different Trifecta meal plans finding the one that works best for your body and your individual needs. And while you are starting to feel like a health and fitness superstar, here are some other benefits you can expect:
- You are stronger mentally and physically. Sticking to your goals for a solid six months has strengthened your willpower. And your increased self-control may help you to be more successful in other areas of your life. That's right, you are a goal crushing machine. In addition, if you've been hitting the gym and keeping your protein intake on point, you're probably feeling leaner and stronger from increased muscle mass.
- Your doctor is impressed with your blood work. A balanced plate for this amount of time won't just cause the numbers on the scale to decrease, but your biometrics may improve as well. Eating the rights foods may help manage bloop pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar, reducing your risk of heart disease and diabetes (20,21).
- Your confidence is high. Your improved mental and physical strength has got you on cloud nine. Not to mention your clothes are probably fitting better, you're more motivated to try new things, and you just generally feel really great about yourself. Give yourself a big pat on the back, you deserve this!
- Your libido is in full swing. Your high energy levels and positive attitude, coupled with a new healthy body can really wake up your sex drive. And not to mention, reduced inflammation can improve blood flow to, ahem, certain parts of the body.
1 Year - Nutrition is Life
What diet? Your struggles with healthy eating are a distant memory and at this point you've not only reached your goals, but have probably set new ones. You haven't had to stress about what to eat or having to cook for yourself in a really long time, and you may have even discovered a new passion for nutrition or fitness. You are living your best life and have likely transformed physically and mentally in the process.
After one year of healthy eating, you have potentially lost 50 pounds, reduced your risk of chronic disease and added years to your life.But don't just take it from me, here are some real life inspiring stories from long-term Trifecta customers whose results speak for themselves:
"I would not touch a vegetable. Now, I have discovered so many new things and I have developed a taste for many of the foods I used to turn my nose up at. This lifestyle change has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I learn something new every day and it feeds my ambition. There will never be a day when I know it all, but the journey of the knowledge I’ve obtained along the way motivates me. It motivates me to inspire others to change their lifestyle". Traci Holloway, Madison, MS
- Meet Curtis, who lost over 50 pounds and found success in multiple areas of his life after starting Trifecta.
- Hear from Mickell, who was just looking to get healthy and ended up discovering her passion for different areas of fitness.
In the end, you never know where your health journey will take you. But equipped with the right mindset and tools for success, you will get incredible results and perhaps discover a whole new world for yourself.
Ready to get started yet? Find the diet meal plan that's calling your name and change your life today. What do you have to lose?