These no-bake protein peanut butter oatmeal cookies are a must-have in your weekly meal prep to satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy recipe. Make them cookie shaped or into no-bake protein bites, whatever form you choose enjoy the chocolatey and peanut butter goodness of this simple to prepare dessert.
The Secret to Healthy "No-Bake" Cookies
There are tons of recipes out there for no-bake cookies, but most of them contain a base of a ton of sugar, butter, milk and cocoa melted together with peanut butter and oats.
Undeniably a delicious combination but there is always a way to swap out some of the more processed ingredients for healthier alternatives like:
- Instead of granulated sugar use honey or maple syrup, you can use smaller amounts and substitute other sweet alternative ingredients like mashed bananas or dates for natural sweetness
- Swap out the butter and use coconut oil or cocoa butter
- Drop the dairy and use a plant-based dairy alternative like almond milk, pea protein milk, or coconut milk.
- Use other grains and seeds alongside the oats such as quinoa, puffed rice, and/or chia seeds, hemp seeds etc.
This no-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe has all the healthy swaps plus the addition of protein powder; 1 cookie has 10 grams of protein!
The key to getting the perfect healthy no-bake cook is having the appropriate ratio of filler ingredients like oats, seeds, and other grains, to your stabilizer, typically the coconut oil, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
The stabilizing ingredients (the ones you will melt and mix with all the oats and filler ingredients) will help hold the cookies together once they cool down to room temperature. This is one of the reasons you will need to refrigerate your cookies, to help them cool down and hold their shape!
How to Prepare No-Bake Protein Peanut Butter Oatmeal CookiesPrep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0
- 1.25 cup of rolled oats or Trifecta Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup protein powder of choice
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (divided)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter or nut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl
- Small saucepan
- Cookie sheet tray
Step 1: Combine all Dry Ingredients
In a large bowl combine the oats, protein powder, cocoa powder, and coconut flakes. Do not mix in the chocolate chips yet.
Step 2: Melt Wet Ingredients
Heat a small sauce-pan or saute pan over medium heat and melt together the coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup and half of the chocolate chips; about 1-2 minutes.
Step 3: Mix and Portion Cookie Bites
Combine the melted ingredients and mix until the 'cookie' dough comes together, then add the rest of the chocolate chips.
The 'dough' should holds its shape when formed into a ball or cookie.
If the dough is 'to-dry', no worries! Simply add in a little more melted coconut or peanut butter.
If the dough is 'to-wet', add in a little more oats to soak up some of the moisture.
Portion the cookies into 2 oz balls and press down slightly to form 'cookie' shape. Store in the fridge until you'd like to eat!
Too Busy? We Got You!
Did you make dessert but need the rest of your meal prep done?! We have got you covered! Learn how to use our Trifecta Meal Plans to conquer your meal prep without spending hours in the kitchen! Take your wellness to the next level with Trifecta.