One of the hardest things about dieting is giving up desserts. Wanting to stuff your face with the occassional (slice of) chocolate cake, is completely natural after a few weeks of consistent strict eating. As many of us know, those indulgences often become over indulgences and send us into a spiral of chocolate coma. So we stepped in to save the day and provide you with some healthier desserts that won't wreck your diet and can be easily made at home.
Double Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars
Calories per serving: 216
(Carbs: 13g, Fats: 17g, Protein: 5g)
Prep Time: 2-3 hours
For the base of the bar:
- 1 & 1/4 cup Almond Flour (Bob's Red Mill recommended)
- Dash of salt
- 5 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar free maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 5 tbsp almond butter
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- First, mix together the flour (both) and salt in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl mix the sugar free maple syrup, melted coconut oil, nut butter, and vanilla. Pour the liquid ingredients into the large bowl. Mix together and then gradually add in the chocolate chips. Mix until a smooth mixture has been created.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Press your dough into the pan and flatten with the back of a spoon. Place the pan into a freezer for 20 minutes to chill the dough.
- In the mean time, melt the chocolate chips, nut butter and coconut oil for the topping in the microwave for 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Pour this liquid topping over the cookie dough and place into the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into squares and enjoy! Keep the remaining cookies in the fridge until consumption!
Warm Apple Crisp
Calories per serving: 203
(Carbs: 28g, Fats: 10g, Protein: 5g)
Prep Time: 1 hour
For the apples:
- 5 granny smith apples
- 1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
For the crisp topping:
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Peel the apples and dice into cubes. In a large bowl, toss with maple syrup, water, and cinnamon. Pour apples into a greased baking dish.
- In the same bowl, add the oats, almond flour, nuts, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Stir crumble topping together and pour into baking dish on top of apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Serve with a serving of Halo Top Vanilla ice cream (Calorie total with Halo Top is 263 with Carbs: 40 g, Fats: 12g, Protein: 11g) & enjoy!
Double Chocolate Brownies
Calories per serving: 179.5
(Carbs: 17.25g, Fats: 11.75g, Protein: 4.75g)
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp Stevia (or any other sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of oat flour (after grinding normal oats)
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of semi sweetened chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large pan with parchment paper. Grind the oats in a blender until smooth and then measure out 1/4 cup. In a large bowl mix the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and vanilla. Add in the applesauce and mix together. Add in the egg. Mix until smooth.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir together. Then mix the wet and dry ingredients until smooth. Add in the dark chocolate chips. Then add the batter into the pan lining the top with the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Bake for 20- 23 minutes!
Caramel & Coconut Apple Bites
Calories Per Serving: 281 (3 apple slices)
(Carbs: 28g, Fats: 19.6g, Protein: 4.5g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 cup of jarred carmel
- 1 cup of coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
Slice apples into thick slices, after removing the core from the center of the apples. In a medium sized bowl add the caramel and coconut flakes, stir together. Then add the carmel to each of the apples. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for 30 second intervals until smooth. Drizzle over the apples and enjoy!