Fresh guacamole made with all natural ingredients, paired with crispy taquitos, this surprisingly balanced meal will redefine what it means to "be on a diet." These taquitos can be made with beef, chicken, or a meat substitute! Enjoy on days where you crave a little more spice in your diet.
For the Guacamole:
- 2 Large Hass Avocados
- 2 Jalapenos
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Lime
- Fresh Cilantro
For The Taquitos:
- 8 ounces of Trifecta Beef
- 3 Corn Tortillas
- 2 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- Toothpicks (for holding taquitos together while cooking)
- For the guacamole: a. In a bowl, mash the avocados. Then on a cutting board dice the jalapenos, red onion, and fresh cilantro.
- b. Mix together the fresh ingredients with the avocado, add lime juice as desired.
- For the taquitos: Crumble the Trifecta beef with your hands into a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds to gently warm through. Set aside covered until needed.
- Heat up the corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds (or until soft enough to not break when rolling).
- Lay tortillas on a cutting board, large enough to roll a few tortillas at a time. Add meat to the edge of a tortilla and then gently roll the tortilla. Use a toothpick to hold together. Repeat until all taquitos are rolled.
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat, until oil is slightly smoking and shimmering in appearance.
- Place the taquitos into the skillet, starting with the seam side down. Pan-sear the taquitos until lightly golden on each side, anywhere from 1-3 minutes. When they start to hold, remove the toothpick.
- Transfer the taquitos into a plate lined with paper towels and let rest while all the taquitos are cooked through. Cut in half and serve 3 per serving along with a side of guacamole. Enjoy!
- The guacamole makes 8 servings. One of those servings has been added into the total calories for this recipe.
Calories Per Serving: 292
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
Vitamin A 0
Vitamin C 0