Fresh guacamole made with all natural ingredients, paired with crispy taquitos, this surprisingly balanced meal will redefine what it means to "be on a diet." These taquitos can be made with beef, chicken, or a meat substitute! Enjoy on days where you crave a little more spice in your diet.
For the Guacamole:
- 2 Large Hass Avocados
- 2 Jalapenos
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Lime
- Fresh Cilantro
For The Taquitos:
- 8oz of Trifecta Beef (For Vegan/Vegetarian use a beef substitute)
- 3 Corn Tortillas
- Olive Oil
- Toothpicks (for holding taquitos together while cooking)
- For the guacamole: In a bowl, mash the avocados. Then on a cutting board dice the jalapenos, red onion, and fresh cilantro.
- Mix together the fresh ingredients with the avocado, add lime juice as desired.
- For the taquitos: First, heat the meat/ meat substitute in a skillet until cooked.
- Then, heat up the corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds (or until soft enough to not break when rolling).
- Add meat to the edge of a tortilla and then gently roll the tortilla. Use a toothpick to hold together. Repeat until all taquitos are rolled.
- In a large skillet, heat and add olive oil (just enough to lightly coat the top).
- Turn the taquitos until lightly golden on each side. When they start to hold, remove the toothpick. Pan-fry until desired level of crispiness is achieved.
- The guacamole makes 8 servings. One of those servings has been added into the total calories for this recipe.
Calories Per Serving:292
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
Vitamin A 0
Vitamin C 0