F45 partnered up with Trifecta to help you lose fat and gain muscle with F45 Meals.
If you’re here because you’re doing the F45 Challenge and need to take your diet to the next level, congratulations on prioritizing your health!
Committing to your fitness and nutrition are two of the most important things you can do to lose fat, gain muscle, and improve your overall health.
Sticking to your training and nutrition plan can be challenging, so F45 Meals can make things a whole lot easier for you. Challenge meals will save you the stress and time of meal prepping so you can focus your energy on your workouts.
Getting Started With F45 Meals
The F45 Challenge App will give you everything you need to be successful with your nutrition. Just input your height, weight, and goal, and you’ll get a total amount of calories to eat each day!
Now you’ll need to decide how many meals you’ll cook at home with the recipes in the Challenge App vs. how many you want ready-to-eat delivered to your door.
How many meals should you order?
1 Meal Per Day – You cook a lot! Most of your meals are planned out, but you need a few to supplement your diet. You're already at or close to your goal weight or nutrition goals. Most Popular
2 Meals Per Day – You want to be responsible for a meal a day. You’re confident in doing a good amount of healthy cooking and also want some quick and easy meals throughout the week. You need considerable support getting to your goal weight.
3 Meals Per Day – You are busy and don’t want to cook any of your own meals. You want to eat right with no room for error and are ready for a serious commitment.
Figure Out Your Remaining Needs
Once you know your calorie needs and select your meal plan option, you’ll know how many meals you'll be responsible for on your own and can plan your shopping and meal prep accordingly.
To determine your remaining calories after your F45 Meals, take your daily calorie goal and subtract the average calories from your F45 meal plan.
For example, if your meal plan averages 450 calories and you're ordering 2 meals/day, you’ll be consuming about 900 calories with F45 Meals. If your daily calorie goal is 1800 calories you’ll have 900 calories left for your remaining meals/snacks.
Keep in mind that these calorie goals are estimates, and it’s important to listen to your body to fuel and recover from your training adequately. If you’re at your calorie goal for the day but you’re starving, EAT, and if you're so stuffed but short of your calorie goal, you don’t need to make yourself sick by eating more than your stomach can handle. You and only you are the expert in your own body.
Filling the Gaps
Now that you know your remaining calories, you can start planning your other meals and snacks.
Be sure to utilize the F45 Challenge App for recipes to fill your nutrition gaps.
Meal Planning Considerations:
- Aim for your meals to be close to 350-500 calories (or higher if your energy needs are greater than 2000 calories/day)
- Try to create balanced meals including protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats
- Try to include 20-30 grams of protein in your meals and 10-20 grams in your snacks to preserve lean body mass and support new muscle growth
- Include healthy fats often in your meals and snacks, especially those rich in Omega-3’s such as fatty fish(salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring), nuts (walnuts), and seeds (flax and chia).
- Include nutritious, fiber-rich carbohydrates like whole grains, fruit, and vegetables
- Eat more color. A variety of colors in your meals means that you’re getting a variety of nutrients in your diet which is what you want!
Snack Planning Considerations
- Snacks are a great way to fill gaps in your nutrition and keep your energy levels up and prevent you from getting too hungry between meals.
- Keep your snacks between 150-250 calories depending on your daily calorie needs.
- Aim to include 10-20 g of protein in each snack and one other macronutrient (carbs or fat).
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to put your plan into action. Get started by downloading the challenge app if you haven’t already, and then order your challenge meals.