Sr. Product Manager
Trifecta is the largest organic meal delivery service in the US based in Sacramento, California in a brand new penthouse office in the DOCO Center Downtown. We provide a variety of fully cooked meal options for customers to choose from that match their ideal dietary and lifestyle goals from paleo, keto, vegan, and clean eating. We ship weekly, nationwide for free.
As a Senior Product Manager, the successful candidate will be excited about the opportunity to disrupt the industry and transform the business by leading the product team. S/He will be a leader who empowers their team to own the product, portfolio, and business strategy. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial leader with a proven track record prioritizing to accelerate revenue growth. The successful candidate will know how to guide building both a portfolio vision and strategy utilizing key data as well as executing successful commercial activities such as pricing, marketing, and monitoring portfolio success. S/He will have the ability to be decisive in making decisions and communicating them after evaluating appropriate information. Additionally, the candidate will possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be comfortable presenting in front of large groups. S/He must have sound problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. Finally, a good Senior Product Manager is an open-minded, inquisitive individual who likes to work with teams, but who also has the ability to work independently in a self-directed environment.
Customer Focus and Vision
- Be the voice of the customer, market, and business to all stakeholders.
- Establish the mission and purpose for individuals and teams.
- Build business cases to identify and prioritize market opportunities.
- Present and recommend business cases to Leadership and key stakeholders for alignment and financial investment.
- Formulate a vision and strategy leveraging market information.
- Analyze markets and competitive products to identify opportunities and inform strategies.
Grow our Business
- Own the financial success of their product/portfolio.
- Align Go-To-Market strategies with key cross-functional groups.
- Create competitive pricing models in collaboration with Leadership and Sales.
- Support Sales as needed to land strategic accounts and sales.
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing, and R&D teams to support product branding, roadmaps, customer-facing material, go-to-market strategy, and PR.
Prioritize for Alignment
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners, Product Managers and Leadership to align on vision and key commercial strategies in the formation of a roadmap.
- Balance the needs of existing customers with new opportunities and be decisive in making decisions using empirical data across a portfolio of products.
- Partner with key subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Participate and provide feedback on a regular cadence during solution demos/reviews.
- Work and collaborate with Marketing to:
- Identify customer benefits
- Translate into marketing campaigns
Leader in our Organization
- Attract and hold on to capable individuals.
- Build a high performing and collaborative team.
- Career counseling and personal development.
- Listen to and support teams for problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision-making.
- Define and administer compensation, benefits, and promotion.
- Eliminate impediments and evolve systems and practices with continuous improvement.
- Take subtle control in assigning people to teams; addressing issues that teams cannot unblock; making personnel changes where necessary.
- Establish expectations and create an environment that supports and enables high-performance by both teams and individuals.
- Remain close enough to the team to add value and to be a competent manager, while staying far enough away to let them problem-solve on their own.
- Mentor & coach product managers and owners to assist with the success of their products.
- You have 8+ years of product management experience for software solutions.
- You have 4+ years in a senior role, managing a product development team.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related experience.
- Leadership skills.
- You have strong communication, technical documentation, and analysis skills.
- You have delivered consumer products including components, product design, and architecture, back end/cloud, launch, and support.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
Perks and Benefits
- Brand new penthouse office in the DOCO center
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Stock Options
- 401k plan
- Stocked kitchen – healthy snacks, cold brew, and kombucha on tap
- Dog-friendly office