Trifecta is the largest organic meal delivery service in the US based in Sacramento, California in a brand new penthouse office in the DOCO Center Downtown. We provide a variety of fully cooked meal options for customers to choose from that match their ideal dietary and lifestyle goals from paleo, keto, vegan, and clean eating. We ship weekly, nationwide for free.
As a DevOps Engineer, the successful candidate will be excited about the opportunity to define common infrastructure through system thinking, automate and streamline processes to increase the delivery of value, and work collaboratively with other teams to deploy and operate our systems. Our DevOps Engineer is responsible for a wide range of systems engineering, build-out, and operational support for our applications and platforms. As a key member of our team, the DevOps Engineer will play a central role in two strategic initiatives - validating and maintaining application infrastructure and evolving our build and deploy process towards continuous delivery.
The DevOps team is responsible for managing and supporting the operation of test systems used by the Development organization, and the production systems used by our paying customers. We collaborate with IT resources, Development teams, other DevOps team members, and Support teams to deploy new functionality and solve critical issues while improving the customer experience.
- Promote passionate DevOps culture that drives scalable, highly reliable, resilient services in a fast-growing, customer-focused company.
- Contribute to systems that evolve and improve Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes.
- Collaborate and work with teams across the company to troubleshoot/determine the resolution for complex issues (e.g., compliance and security).
- Develop tools and automation which eliminate manual activities, increase stability, improve visibility, and increase developer velocity.
- Develop monitoring, telemetry, and diagnostics services which allow for the early detection and minimization of quality of service impacting events.
- Deploy and manage staging infrastructure that balances our speed for innovation with the need for robust testing.
- Share knowledge and feedback across teams and stakeholders.
- Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews to help maintain high code quality standards.
- Help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team.
- Be creative, take your own initiative, and solve some of our most challenging problems.
- 5+ years’ experience in a product development environment.
- Excellent cross-team communication skills.
- Expertise defining and building common, reusable practices across multiple teams (e.g., logging, CI/CD, alerting and monitoring, and security).
- Proficient in scripting languages like Python and bash.
- Ability to build with simplicity, reliability, and reusability in mind.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms. AWS experience is a plus.
- Expertise with Infrastructure as code (e.g., CloudFormation, terraform, ansible), continuous integration and deployment tools (e.g., CodeDeploy, CircleCI, Jenkins), and modern source control (e.g., Git / Github).
- A passion for improving productivity through scalable, highly reliable, resilient services, and automation.
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies.
- Willingness to embrace change and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Eagerness to design an infrastructure that includes Leadership needs that will scale and lay the foundation for the next decade.
- Go above and beyond to help the team.
- Location: Sacramento, CA (Required)
- Work authorization: United States (Required)
Perks and Benefits
- Brand new penthouse office in the DOCO center
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Stock Options
- 401k plan
- Stocked kitchen – healthy snacks, cold brew, and kombucha on tap
- Dog-friendly office