We are looking for a Senior Controller to partner with our CFO to lead the day-to-day accounting for Trifecta. to understand, predict, and shape our growing business. In this role, you will help build our analytical infrastructure, execute strategic projects obtaining important insights for business, educating and mentoring others to improve the analytical capabilities of the organization.
This Controller position requires strong accounting skills and experience to lead the company's accounting and financial functions, including day to day accounting operations, G/L, A/R and A/P, month-end close, basic and management reporting, analysis, and process improvements.
The Controller is responsible for supervising the accounting staff, while being involved in all details of the work, and must be process oriented and implement systems to deliver efficiently.
They must be able to demonstrate problem solving and initiative, with a strong desire to analyze, investigate, and resolve issues, and function at a high level of expertise and competency and use sound judgment while producing consistent results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all day to day accounting activities for the accounting department.
- Accounts Receivable, including invoicing customers, and accurate and timely recordings of all receipts and transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks for receipt of revenue including cash
- Accounts Payable duties include managing the process of departmental purchasing, cash forecasting, and supplier and recurring payments, payroll preparation and processing
- Maintaining the general ledger by performing the monthly close and account reconciliations and journal entries required
- Financial statements and management reporting, including the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual balance sheet, P&L and financial statements, perform/review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations; produce period financial statements and analysis of trends and variances and management reporting for all departments
- Manage and ensure accuracy of Accounts Payable/Cash Disbursements, Payroll, Fixed Asset Accounting, Inventory integrity, Invoicing/billing, Accounts Receivable, Departmental and Cost Accounting
- Develop and monitor cash forecasts and weekly P/L flashes
- Provide financial and operational analysis support for management; perform cost analysis for product lines, margin analysis for products, customers and territories, and any other necessary analysis
- Maintain a strong partnership with management, identifying cost-saving opportunities, process improvements and automation
- Managing team employees and is responsible for assigning duties, tracking and monitoring work and managing performance
- Work closely with outside tax preparation, consulting, and independent accountants
- Financial analysis and financial modeling
- Maintain tax payments, excise tax and local business tax
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting or business administration
- You have 5-7+ years of progressively responsible experience at a venture-funded startup and/or larger company
- You have 5+ years in a Sr Accountant or Controller Role
- You have a high level of written and oral communication skills
- You have Outstanding business, finance, and controller accounting acumen
- You have experience in helping drive toward IPO readiness (a big plus)
- You have ERP implementation experience (NetSuite preferred)
- You have a strong technical accounting background, CPA preferred
- You have advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You have excellent leadership abilities with proven ability to influence
- Location: Sacramento, CA (Required)
- Work authorization: United States (Required)
Perk & Benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Stock Options
- 401k plan
- Stocked kitchen – healthy snacks, cold brew, and kombucha on tap
- Dog Friendly Office
Trifecta, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Trifecta, Inc. are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, military status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, internships, selection, job assignments, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.