If you are looking for the perfect date night recipe that will spice up the romance, while not sabotaging your diet (and bank account), this may be the perfect recipe for you!
- 2 6oz filet mignon steaks (trim the fat)
- olive oil cooking spray
- kosher salt and cracked pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray the steak lightly all over with olive oil. Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper.
- When the oven is ready, heat a skillet over high heat until the pan is very hot.
- When the skillet is hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Turn over and cook for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes. Sear the steaks until its brown all over.
- Place the steaks in the oven for about 4 to 5 minutes, then check them with the meat thermometer inserted into the side of the steak.
- Remove when the steaks read 125° F for Medium Rare, or 130° F for medium.
- In another skillet, heat on medium and add the olive oil in. Once the pan is heated add in the asparagus (tough bottoms cut off).
- Pan fry the asparagus until tender, add in the cherry tomatoes (cut in half) and lightly sautee them in the pan until lightly golden.
serves Serves 2
Calories Per Serving:399
% Daily Value
45% Total Fat 21g
50% Cholesterol 164
4% Sodium 197
10% Total Carbohydrate 14g
4% Sugars 2.5g
40% Protein 44g
10% Vitamin A 10
24% Vitamin C 24