Sweet and savory, these bbq chicken sweet potato skins are perfect as an appetizer or on the side of a main dish. The only problem is going to be limiting yourself to just a few.
DescriptionA perfect recipe for some easy appetizers these BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Skins are sure to be a huge hit at any party!
- 5 Small Sweet Potatoes
- 4 4oz Trifecta Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup of BBQ Sauce
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 2/3 Cup of Low Fat Mozzarella
- 1/3 Cup of Fresh Cilantro
- First, Heat the sweet potatoes up in the microwave for about 5 minutes (each potato).
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. The, using two forks try and shred the chicken up as much as possible. Also, cut the onions up into long slices.
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken, onions, and BBQ Sauce.
- Once the potatoes have cooled. Cut in half and scoop out the middle. Lay the halves on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- In the potato halves, add the chicken/onion mixture.
- Heat in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven. Add the cheese. Place back in the oven for a minute or until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories Per Serving:289
% Daily Value
15% Total Fat 7g
12% Cholesterol 30mg
29% Sodium 644
19% Total Carbohydrate 35g
31% Sugars 16g
17% Protein 21g
100% Vitamin A 500
36% Vitamin C 36