Sweet and savory, these bbq chicken sweet potato skins are perfect as an appetizer or on the side of a main dish. The only problem is going to be limiting yourself to just a few.
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 4oz chicken
- 2 tablespoons of barbeque sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/3 cup shredded low fat mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Using a fork, pierce the potatoes a few times for ventilation. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for about 35-40 minutes or until a fork can easily be inserted into them.
- In a skillet, heat pan over medium and add the olive oil. Once the pan is heated add in the red onion, cut or diced however you'd like. Cook the onions until slightly brown.
- After the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, cut both potatoes in half (lengthwise). Using a spoon, scoop out the inside of the potato, leaving just a thin layer of potato with the skin still attatched. Fill the inside of the potato with the shredded chicken and sauteed onions. Top each potato with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the potatoes back into the oven for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Let cool for at least ten minutes before eating.
- Enjoy with ranch dressing dip or sour cream.
serves Serves 2
Calories Per Serving:289
% Daily Value
15% Total Fat 7g
12% Cholesterol 30mg
29% Sodium 644
19% Total Carbohydrate 35g
31% Sugars 16g
17% Protein 21g
100% Vitamin A 500
36% Vitamin C 36